For every dog owner it is important to understand when you pet feels comfortable and when it does not. Many dog owners, even those more experienced, they are not always able to read the subtle signals that indicate discomfort. Learn the basic signals that your dog's body sends, in order to avoid stressful situations. If your dog is content and happy you will notice the following signals:
1. It looks calm with a relaxed posture, almost meandering, and gently waving tail, sometimes swinging his whole body.
2. His eyes are half-opened, and almond-shaped and you can't see the whites of the eyes.
3. He mainly opens its mouths slowly and in a relaxed way, but the angles are not drawn.
4. Its ears are normal or slightly elevated. When a dog has interest in something he/she leans them a bit forward and other movements are slowed down.
1 / 11
2 / 11
3 / 11
4 / 11
5 / 11
If your dog feels stressed or unhappy you will notice the following signals:
1. In the beginning, it will look in an opposite direction of the object or situation that causes discomfort, as if it's trying to ignore it.
2. His body is more tensed and more peaceful.
3. Eyes are rounder with visible whites.
4. Mouths are closed.
5. Withdraws ears backwards.
All these negative signals are not a reason for panic, those are just information that your dog sends you. It is important to note that information and change the situation. Keep the dog out of unwanted situations or interactions with other dogs or people. When a dog is holding the tail up, it's a sign of interest and self-confidence, and when the tail is lowered and rolled under its legs, it points to the uncertainty, fear and anxiety. So, after seeing this – what the attitude of your dog tells you, we hope we'll understand him/her better.
6 / 11
7 / 11
8 / 11
9 / 11
10 / 11
11 / 11